Dental implants are considered one of the most successful treatments for missing or damaged teeth. If you want to improve your teeth’s appearance, your speech, and the structure of your bite, this may be your solution. Implants are an excellent replacement option in lieu of dentures or partials—not only do they look real, but they behave just like real teeth! Meaning no more fear of biting into certain foods and no more concerns about special care for your prosthetic teeth. With dental implants, you can chew, brush, speak, and smile with ease.
Should You Get Dental Implants?
If you are considering various options for missing or damaged teeth, Dr. Aparna Gottumukkula will certainly be able to help you with your decision. While every treatment has its benefits, there are certainly quite a few perks to dental implants that you may want to consider.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution. Implants have a 98% success rate. With a basic dental hygiene routine, you can expect them to last the rest of your life. They feel and look like normal, healthy teeth. Titanium implants eventually fuse with your jawbone. This means that they have the strength and feel of normal, healthy teeth. You won’t even notice they’re in.
- Implants are very low-maintenance. All your implants would require is a healthy homecare routine. With daily brushing, flossing, and mouthwash, your implants will remain in great condition.
- They look great. Implants not only blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth, but you’ll also notice great benefits to the overall structure of your mouth. And with this added improvement to your facial structure, you can also enjoy the added benefits of better swallowing, chewing, and speech mechanisms too.
Where Do You Begin?
Making the decision to get dental implants can be quite an undertaking—we totally understand! We, at Valley Dental Care of Plainfield, are here to make it easy. By taking the following steps, you can be well on your way to improving your smile.
- Step 1: Pay us a visit. Come to our Plainfield office for a no-obligation consultation, and one of our dentists will discuss the procedure with you in full. Here, you can ask questions, discuss any concerns, and even learn about recovery times and the details of the procedure itself. Your dentist will also ask you a number of questions about your medical history (particularly with chronic illness), tobacco usage, and more to determine whether or not this procedure is best for you. Finally, we will work with you to ensure you know all of your options and are completely comfortable with your decision before moving forward.
- Step Two: Getting the Procedure. If you decide with your dentist to undergo the procedure, you can expect the following steps to be taken. After putting you under general anesthesia, your dentist will extract any teeth that are severely decayed. Then you dentist will insert a titanium screw in its place. As you heal, the titanium implant will fuse to the jawbone. Once this process is complete, your dentist will place a custom-made prosthetic tooth over the screw. The process overall will take about 6-12 weeks, but you will likely only experience mild soreness that can be treated with over the counter pain medication.
- Step Three: Maintaining your implant. This is the easy part. Just simply maintain a good daily hygiene regimen, and visit your dentist every six months to ensure you’re in good shape.
Wondering if dental implants are right for you? Call Valley Dental Care of Plainfield today to schedule your consultation.