Having chronic pain, discoloration, or decaying teeth can greatly impact in your day-to-day life. Valley Dental Care of Plainfield is here to help. Our restorative dental services will improve the function and appearance of your mouth, boost your oral health, and enhance your smile. If you have any of the following issues, be sure to visit our dental office in Plainfield:
- Extensive Wear
- Broken/Chipped Teeth
- Missing Teeth
- Chronic Pain and Discomfort
How Can We Restore Your Teeth?
Our dentists work together to create comprehensive treatment plans to remedy your oral health issues. During your visit, your dentist will use mechanical, visual, and radiographic techniques to analyze your teeth, gums, and jaw and detect any underlying oral conditions that you might not be aware of. We will examine the mouth in its entirety—even the jaw muscles and joints— to identify signs of disease or points of instability.
Should we detect any problems during this exam, our general dentists will use innovative techniques and the latest technology to provide treatment. Some of these restorative services include:
- Fillings – If you have a cavity, our general dentists can provide composite, tooth-colored fillings. These look completely natural, but also fuse with the tooth to make your own natural tooth stronger.
- Dental Implants – These are best used for damaged or missing teeth. This is a surgical procedure in which titanium implants are placed in the gums where your teeth are either missing or have been removed. Over time, these fillings fuse to your jawbone and are covered with a natural-looking (and feeling) prosthetic tooth.
- Crowns – Crowns can fix a number of issues, including tooth breakage, or decay. These “caps” will cover a tooth to restore its shape and size, cementing in place over the original tooth to provide structure.
- Bridges – If you have one or more missing tooth, a bridge provides a natural-looking prosthetic that anchors to the surrounding teeth.
- Partials and Dentures – In cases in which you have several teeth in need of replacement, or have no teeth at all, we use these proven devices to serve in their place. These prosthetic teeth can improve your speech, your ability to chew, and a sagging facial structure.
- Root Canals – In severe cases of tooth decay, plaque may wear away the enamel of the tooth as well as the nerve tissue. In these instances, we provide a root canal procedure that removes infected nerve pulp, cleans the canal, and seals it. Despite popular belief, these procedures are made to be quite painless due to modern technology.
Through these various procedures, we can improve your oral health and prevent disease from taking hold. We will also educate you in the best oral hygiene techniques—such as regular brushing, daily flossing, and biannual visits to your dentist—so as to ensure that these treatments have long-lasting results and prevent future oral health conditions from arising.
If you are suffering from painful symptoms or embarrassing discoloration or decay, call our Plainfield dental office today to schedule an appointment. We’ll get you back on track to a healthier smile in no time!