Are you looking to get a brighter, whiter smile? Valley Dental Care of Plainfield is here to help! With our professional whitening treatment, we can remove those tough imbedded stains from your teeth that even the best brushing can’t reach. You’ll see years of food and drink discoloration wiped away in just one treatment!
Brighten Your Smile
If you’re an avid coffee drinker, you understand the frustration of having tough stains on your teeth. Luckily, our highly effective whitening treatment can leave your teeth looking white for months on end. If you’d like to enhance your smile, simply follow these easy steps:
- Schedule your Treatment: Whitening treatments are typically scheduled separately from your biannual appointment with the general dentist. Give our Plainfield office a call to schedule this cosmetic treatment. Your dentist will examine your teeth to determine the number of treatments that may be required (the procedure typically requires one or two 1-hour appointments, depending on your individual needs).
- Enhance Your Smile: The whitening procedure is quick and stress-free. Your dentist will first remove any plaque and tartar that has built up on your teeth. Then, they will apply a whitening gel and activate it with a heat lame or laser.
- Enjoy your Results: Once you’ve completed your treatment, you’ll have sparkling teeth for months. Just take good care of your teeth and keep up good oral hygiene practices, and you’ll be able to enjoy your results for a long time!
How to Get Long-Lasting Results
Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic procedures. Therefore, while many often find that their dental insurance doesn’t cover this elective treatment, patients often believe it is well worth the cost. That said, we want to make sure you get the biggest bang for your buck. To do so, just follow these simple steps to keep your beautiful smile for longer.
- Establish a good oral hygiene routine. Brushing your teeth twice a day, especially after meals, is a surefire way to remove any particles that can lead to stains on your teeth. Flossing at least once a day is also a great way to get the bacteria that your toothbrush can’t reach. By doing so, you reduce the threat of gingivitis, which can create a yellowish tint to your gum line.
- Stick to foods that brighten your teeth. Your diet is key to enjoying a brighter smile for longer. Try eating fibrous fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pears, and apples. These boost saliva production and naturally scrub your teeth as you eat. On the other hand, you may want to avoid staining foods and drinks. Coffee, tea, sodas, citrus fruits, tomato sauce, curry, and soy sauce are some of the worst offenders. Avoid these and you’ll be sure to keep your wonderful smile.
- Quit smoking. Smoking is a known cause of oral health problems. Not only does the tar and nicotine cause a yellow-brown stain on the teeth, but it also lowers your immune system. This makes you more susceptible to issues like gingivitis, which can yellow your teeth even further.
- Make regular appointments with the dentist. We highly recommend visiting Valley Dental Care of Plainfield every six months to keep your gums and teeth in good shape—and a healthy mouth means a whiter smile!
Ready to schedule your whitening appointment? Call Valley Dental Care of Plainfield today to get a bright white smile!